NEWBORN PREPARATION GUIDE
WHAT TO BRING:
- Baby blanket. Preferably one that you have used so it has their smell on it.
- DUMMY. This is very important. It can sometimes be the make or break of an image. Please don't worry. If you don't intend to use a dummy as your baby will not get used to it within a couple of hours.
-Essentials: Nappies and wipes. Kellie will also have some spare in the studio if needed.
- Bring snacks and water.
- Bring an iPad, or colouring/toys if you have older kids.
- Extra bottles if you are bottle feeding.
ON THE MORNING OF YOUR SESSION:
-Please keep baby awake as much as possible before your session. Give a nice long bath, followed by a massage/tummy time. Right before you leave give a nice big feed.
- Please dress baby in a zip onesie with NO singlet. So we don't need to pull anything over babies head.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Kellie will spend up to 3 hours with your newborn. You would have previously communicated if there were any specific set ups you would have liked.
- Kellie will stop for top ups, cuddles etc as baby takes the lead. Please be open to giving top up feeds during the session.
- The studio will be heated and will get quite hot. Please dress with layers. The reason for heating the studio is that i photograph them undressed, and they cannot yet regulate their body temperature.
- There is x2 comfortable seats for you to sit in. I ask that the parents remain in this area. I am more than happy for you to walk over and have a sneak peak. But its quite amazing how quick they can smell mum, and of course want to feed hehe!
- If breastfeeding please refrain from eating anything spicy 24 hours before the session. This can sometimes cause gas, which means the baby will be uncomfortable.
- If there are siblings we will start with those images first. That way if they become restless Dad can take them out for a play.
WHAT TO WEAR:
- I tend to tell my clients to stick to neutral colours. No logos or character t shirts. If you are into colour then please choose 2-3 between you all.
- Siblings: they will be photographed bare foot. A nice dress, jeans and plain t-shirt.